Over the last five decades, ACP has been New Zealand's leading supplier of toxins and manufactured bait products for animal pests including rodents, birds, rabbits and brush-tail possums.
An estimated 100 million dollars (NZD) is spent annually on pest control programs funded by the Animal Health Board, Regional Councils, the Department of Conservation (DOC), forestry companies, private landowners and non-government conservation agencies.
Possum pellet bait manufactured by ACP and distributed by helicopter, accounts for the largest volume of product sold to support these operations, but ACP also has a range of other bait formulations and active ingredients for licensed and non-licensed users involved in vertebrate pest management.
Rigorous bait quality standards and increasingly precise baiting practices mean that agencies such as the Animal Health Board and DOC are now using significantly less bait than before to maintain low possum densities. The success of many broad-scale baiting programmes is such that up to 12 years relief from possums is achieved in some areas, before re-treatment is required. These factors allow more area to be brought into control programmes and result in less toxin being applied per hectare in the long term.
During the last decade, ACP has also become recognised as the world's leading manufacturer and exporter of rodenticide baits for island projects where rodent eradication is undertaken as part of ecological restoration programs.
Rodenticides manufactured by ACP have been used to eradicate rodents from New Zealand offshore islands totalling nearly 40,000 hectares. The predator-fenced jewels of mainland New Zealand known as "mainland islands" at Maungatautari, Karori, Tawharanui, Bushy Park, Orokonui, Lake Rotokare, Glenfern and Young Nicks Head have also been treated and maintained with rodenticides manufactured by ACP.
Overseas eradication operations using ACP’s rodenticides cover over 200 islands totalling 30,000 hectares and in twenty countries. ACP has considerable experience in manufacturing for export and managing export consignments of all sizes, handling full 40 foot and 20 foot container (FCL) shipments and smaller shipments (LCL) by both sea and by air. During 2010 and 2011, ACP exported 44 forty foot export containers as well as several twenty foot containers and a large number of LCL consignments.
ACP provides technical advice and operational support for many of these operations and networks with many international conservation organisations to develop novel solutions for a wide range of vertebrate pest problems.
Our staff have a background of technical and operational experience in vertebrate pest management ranging from large mammal control such as deer, goats and pigs in wilderness areas, to rodent and small mammal control in forest, rural and urban environments.
CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF PESTOFF STOCKISTS
RESUME OF PRODUCTS:
Pestoff Rat Bait 50D:
Pellet bait containing 0.05g/kg diphacinone for rat control in areas where there may be concerns regarding residues or non-target effects which can be a factor when using higher potency second generation anti-coagulants. Available in 10kg and 25kg bags. Not suitable for mouse control due to diphacinone’srelatively low toxicity to mice. 10mm diameter pellets are standard.
Pestoff Rodent Bait:
A pellet bait for bait stations containing 0.02g/kg brodifacoum. Ideal for either rats or mice in households, commercial or industrial applications. Available in 10kg, 3kg and 350g packs. Standard pellet diameter is 5.5mm, but 10mm, 16mm and 20mm pellets may be available for clients wanting significant volumes.
Pestoff Rodent Bait 20R:
A 10mm, 16mm or 20mm diameter pellet bait with 0.02g/kg brodifacoum.
Registered in New Zealand for aerial sowing, hand broadcast or use in bait stations.Packed in bulk in 25 kg multiwall bags for export, NZ offshore islands or use on NZ mainland islands in accordance with the approved Code of Practice. Standard pellet diameter is 10mm, but 5.5mm, 10 mm, 16mm and 20mm pellets may be available for significant volumes. Click on the link in the table below to download the approved Code of Practice for Pestoff Rodent Bait 20R.
Also exported around the world, Pestoff Rodent Bait 20R ishighly palatable to rodents while incorporating a moderate dose (0.002%) of the potent second generation anti-coagulant toxin brodifacoum. This combination ensures that 100% kills can be achieved within a few days, with the smallest possible risk to non-target animals.In many locations, the benefits of rodent eradication have extended beyond ecological restoration and include gains for public health, tourism and primary production.
Use this failsafe formula for sustainable rodent eradication from offshore islands:
- High palatability baits
- A potent, single feed toxin
- Complete bait coverage.
- Hand baiting and/or bait stations in and around buildings.
- Timely bait coverage (season and speed of coverage).
- Repeat bait applications 7 – 20 days apart
- Adequate bait application rates.
Pestoff Rodent Blocks:
An extruded chocolate flavoured, blue block bait containing 0.02g/kg brodifacoum for use in bait stations. Use this product for long term control of rats and mice - especially where non-removable baits are called for. A central hole through the bait allows fixing by nail or wire. Available in 10kg, 3kg, and 500 gram packs.
Pestoff Dead Rat Cafe:
Protect children, pets and non-target animals with this tunnel bait-type bait station. Can be used with loose grain, pellets, blocks, pastes, tracking powder, sticky-boards, ink pads and even snap traps!Available with translucent or solid yellow lids. Two metal hoops are supplied with each bait station to secure block baits in the station.
Pestoff Mouse Bait Station:
This bait station is ideal for securing baits where children or pets would otherwise be at risk. Use with pellet bait, small block baits or loose grain. Bait station can easily be fixed to floors etc. Supplied with a special opening key.
Pestoff DECAL Possum Bait:
A pellet bait containing cholecalciferol and a synergist, for use in bait stations where an initial knockdown is required or where occasional maintenance control is needed. A lethal dose is less than 20 grams of bait. Works extremely well when pre-fed with PestoffBrodifacoum Possum Bait or when alternated with this product between applications.An alternative pre-feed product containing synergist and called “Pestfeed Plus for Decal” is also available. Both are available in 10kg packs.
Pestoff Brodifacoum Possum Bait:
A highly palatable anti-coagulant pellet bait containing 0.02g/kg of brodifacoum for use in bait stations where low-moderate possum populations exist. A lethal dose is approximately 120 grams of bait. Available in 10kg and 2.5kg bags.
Pestoff Hi-Strength Possum Bait:
Cereal pellet baits containing 0.05g/kg of brodifacoum. This product kills possums faster, with less bait and reduces the chance of sub-lethal dosing where possum densities are a little higher. Conditions set by the NZ Food Safety Authority allow the product to be sold only to professional pest control organisations carrying out possum control under the National Pest Management Strategy or under a conservation programme.
Pestoff Waxed Possum Bait:
A wax and lure coated possum pellet containing 0.02g/kg of brodifacoum for use in areas where bait station servicing is less regular or where atmospheric moisture is a problem. Possums love this product which remains fresher for longer due to the wax coating. Available in 10kg plastic pails.
Pestoff Possum Bait Station:
Manufactured exclusively by Philproof Feeders. Holds 700grams of bait - enough for 6 possums when using anti-coagulant baits. The use of a nail with a plastic spacer makes the bait station easily re-locatable. Stackable and UV resistant. Place bait stations about 100 meters apart on bush-pasture margins or use 2 per hectare in forest blocks.
Cyanide Possum Paste:
* 55% cyanide paste with attractants, moisture proofers and lure oil to attract possums. Use pea-sized baits coated with Pestoff Wonder Lure for best results. Available in 500g and 250g tubes with various lures.
Pestoff Wonder Lure Paste:
A specially blended pre-feed paste to accompany Cyanide Possum Paste. Pre-feeding twice with Pestoff Wonder Lure before applying Cyanide Possum Paste and ensuring baits are protected from rain will ensure optimum results. Use Pestoff Wonder lure instead of flour for dressing over toxic baits and apply a Wonder Lure bait on the lead-up to each dressed cyanide bait. Available in 500ml tubes only, with cinnamon or raspberry lure.
Double Strength Phosphorus Paste:
* A sweetened, fruit based possum paste bait for use in pots, tree baiting or on earth spits. Available in 20kg and 10kg pails or 500g tubes with various lures.
Pestoff Professional 0.08% & 0.15% 1080 possum paste: * 1080 pastes for use tree baiting, in pots or on earth spits. Use in conjunction with a pre-feed paste with the same base. Available in 20kg pails and 500 gram tubes.
Pestoff Exterminator Paste:
* A peanut butter based paste with 0.15% 1080 and other additives to attract possums. The most common application is to place 20 grams of paste in bio-degradable paper bags and to staple the bags to trees on a 50 meter x 50 meter grid pattern. Pre-feed with non-toxic peanut paste available from ACP in 10kg to 20kg pails.
1080 Possum and Rodent Pellets 0.15%:
* Pellets registered for use in bait stations, for hand broadcasting or aerial application. Available in rapid (RS5) or slow (No.7) breakdown formulations. 25kg bags only. No.7 formulation pellets are also available at 0.08% 1080 for possum or rodent control.
Peanut Butter Feed Paste:
Available with or without nuts, this product was developed in conjunction with renowned pest control operator Chum Chamberlain and his staff at Kurow in South Canterbury. For feeding with encapsulated cyanide products or pre-feeding ahead of using 1080 Pestoff Exterminator Paste.
Single Strength Phosphorus Paste:
* A rabbit paste for use on earth spits. Use in conjunction with a pre-feed paste with the same base material as rabbits are often cautious about taking novel foods. Available in 20 kg pails and 500 gram tubes.
Magtoxin fumigant pills:
Magnesium phosphide pills which release deadly gas when they come into contact with soil moisture. Two or three pills placed down the entrance to each burrow will ensure good results. Available in 1660 pill (1 kg) and 166 pill (100 g) packs.
Pestoff Professional 0.06% 108 rabbit paste:
* A 1080 rabbit paste for use on earth spits. Use in conjunction with a pre-feed paste with the same base. Available in 20 kg pails and 500 gram tubes.
1080 Rabbit Pellets 0.04%:
* Pellets registered for hand broadcasting or aerial application. Pre-feeding first with non-toxic pellets is recommended. These pellets will decay relatively quickly and may allow more rapid re-stocking if sufficient rainfall occurs. Available 25 kg bags only.
Available only to approved handlers for mixing into baits for black-backed gull control where the birds are a risk to conservation, public health or aircraft. Available in 500 g, 1 kg and 2 kg packs.
Pestoff Treated Wheat, Barley or Peas:
Grain baits surface treated with 2.2% alphachloralose (wheat and barley) for sparrow control or 2.5% (peas) for pigeon control. Sow baits between the planted rows. Works best in ambient temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius.Available in 10 kg, 4 kg (wheat & peas only), 3 kg (barley only) and 1.5 kg packs.
Pestoff Bird Control Paste:
Contains 2.5% alphachloralose for controlling sparrows, mynahs, blackbirds, magpies and other pest birds. Apply the paste liberally to slices of bread and lay baits in areas frequented by birds. Works best in ambient temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius. Available in 500 g tubes only.
DRC 1339 (Starlicide) Powder:
* For the control of starlings, rooks and crows. Add to melted dripping for bread baits or add the powder to petrolatum for nest baiting during the breeding season. The main benefit of using DRC1339 is that very small amounts of poison are required, baits are readily degraded by ultra-violet light and the sickness behaviour associated with poisoning is delayed for around 24 hours - ensuring the birds do not associate poisoning symptoms with the baits. Available in a wide range of pack sizes.
DEER, GOAT & WALLABY CONTROL
10% 1080 Gel:
* A gel bait containing 10% 1080. The gel is smeared on the underside of the leaves of palatable vegetation that is cut down and left within the browse range of the target species. A lower strength gel (5% 1080) is also available for wallabies only. The gel is shower-proof.
0.2% 1080 Pellets:
* A highly palatable, higher toxicity pellet bait for wallaby control. For aerial or hand broadcast or for bait station use.
FERRAL CAT CONTROL
0.1% 1080 Feral Cat Bait:
* A fish meal/polymer pellet for use by the Department of Conservation. Place bait at regular intervals and service bait stations regularly, maintaining a good supply of fresh bait.
Pestoff Ferret Paste:
A blended fish paste containing 0.3g/kg of diphacinone anti-coagulant poison. Apply as single 100g (approx.) paste baits in tunnel or pipe stations.Available in 450 gram tubes.
We formulate baits to customer requirements within the scope of our statutory requirements and international border control, biosecurity and EPA rules. We also have a range of sundry pest control items and we can out-source many items at better than wholesale cost for volume orders.
* Those products above which are denoted with an asterisk, may be purchased only by holders of a Controlled Substances Licence (CSL) issued by ERMA New Zealand.
PRODUCTS REGISTERED TO ANIMAL CONTROL PRODUCTS LIMITED
* Denotes products requiring a Controlled Substances License in New Zealand.
Advice to overseas customers: While our products are registered for sale in New Zealand and can be used in accordance with label directions, this neither expresses nor implies any permission to import and use the product in any country where the product is not registered. ACP recommends that overseas purchasers obtain all necessary import and use permits from the relevant authorities prior to placing orders for export product.
More Information: To obtain more information by about our products, send your request by email: